Phew....what a busy weekend.
Wedding.
Birthday Party
Cleaning. Massive Cleaning.
Baptism
Confirmation
Party
Gardening.
Re-cleaning (is that a word?)
Re-cleaning (is that a word?)
Thank goodness it's Monday!
And with it being Monday comes another totally random edition of
Miscellany Monday.
1. Chloe was confirmed yesterday. My mother purchased 1/2 sheet cake. I thought that it would be way too big.
I was wrong. Terribly wrong. Buttercream frosting paired with an exceptionally moist cake will not last in this home.
I was wrong. Terribly wrong. Buttercream frosting paired with an exceptionally moist cake will not last in this home.
start
10 minutes later
2) This is a picture of some of my favorite things.
Iced coffee (it's close to 90 with high humidity)
Garden Trowel
Gloves
3) These are my irises. I used the above stuff to plant them.
(last year)
I love them. Love them.
(last year)
I love them. Love them.
4) Yesterday I put in a huge raspberry garden. I'm talking over 30 plants. Later that night I took a shower -- I was covered in mud. Then with wet hair I went to bed. This is what my hair looks like in the morning after sleeping with wet hair. (This is not what it looks like after I straighten it.)
can we say curly?
crazy hair
I am not straightening it today - not with ultra high humidity.
The world will just have to deal with my
big hair.
The world will just have to deal with my
big hair.
5) Samuel did not like me taking pictures of my hair.
enough pictures!!
5 seconds later
Thanks, Carissa, for putting together this meme. As a random person -- this helps me get those thoughts out!
























16 comments:
The cake does look yummy. Samuel is a sweetheart!
Blessings,
andrea
PS: I have an urgent prayer request at arise 2 write.
Beautiful cake!!
Love the crazy big hair, that's whay ponies are for, its way too hot and humid here too to care about the hairstyle!
Love the randomness!
I want a piece of that cake. Please. The humidity is doing nasty things to my hair as well. I've given up. Have a wonderful day!
you deserve to be proud of your hannah!!! i am in love with the button.
wow, you did have yourself a busy weekend! chloe is so beautiful! i love your crazy curly hair!!! if i were you, i'd say bye to the blowdryer and go curly everyday! i have crazy curls too... but something terrible happens to them if i go to bed with wet hair. that iced coffee of yours looks so tempting! your raspberry garden sounds superb!!! i could eat a whole bushel of berries every day!
happy monday! thank you, so very much for joining in!!! i love love love having you!
that's my curls! This humidity is crazy! I have the AC on, and I am scared to go outside! yikes! Thanks for sharing
~blessings
Dorcas
YAY for all those special events! Now you can relax for a while.
Rachel -
Thanks for your comment on my blog! I actually saw your post and your hair before I wrote about mine! The humidity is part of the reason I gave up on straightening my hair, but I'll probably still straighten it every now and then.
Poor Samuel! He definitely loves his mommy! I loved that post that you shared several days ago - how Samuel just wants to be with you, and how we, in that fashion, just want to be with Jesus. So true! Thank you!
Annie
Congrats on the confirmation. And that big hair could be super hot. Just sayin... you should embrace it.
I can relate to waking up with crazy hair. I don't know what happened, I used to be able to just wake up and run a brush through it and it would be fine, but recently it has started going curly on me. But then if I try to wear it curly for the day, it just ends up looking terrible :(
thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! =)
you sure did have a busy weekend and that cake sure does look delish! mmm i don't even know the last time i had a really yummy cake, hopefully that will change when i go to a wedding this upcoming weekend hehe! have a great week!
You make me laugh so much! lol :) Hey, we both included iris' in our randomness. I promise I wrote my "miscellany monday" before I read yours. :P
Blessings, girl.
Nat
Miss Rachel-
Thank you for your lovely comments!
You're Hannah's mom? *smiles*
I agree, the Truth Project is life-changing... this is my second time going through it and I'm still learning!
I loved the pedicure, but it was really the most fun because I got to spend some time alone with my mama.
Samuel has really cute eyes!.. I'm following your blog now... it is beautiful! Did Hannah do the design?
Thank you again!
Love in Christ,
Cassie
Wow, you had quite the weekend. Congratulations on Chloe's confirmation. Looks like a yummy cake! I love iced coffee, especially in the summer months. I had to laugh at your hair. It would take me all day to deal with that. I can't imagine how long it must take you to straighten it. Although some days I wish I had curlier hair. Hope you had a great day!
You know people do pay a lotta money to GET curls...and you get rid of yours?!
Glad your little one's baptized!
Always praying!
2 Samuel 22:7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
Prayer Bears
My email address
Cake never lasts very long at our house either! And my hair can be pretty scary if I go to sleep with it wet...I don't do that often!
Re-cleaning, oh yes, it's a word...kinda like "re-shoveling" while it's still snowing, lol!!! Love all the crazy fun of your weekend...oh, and BEAUtiful cake, it inspired me to order a special one for my daughter's party next week (I usually just make one or grab one at the grocery store)!! I'll make sure to post pix of it next week!
Post a Comment