Do it well.
That's my motto right now. Whatever I do, no matter what, I want to do it well.
With all of my heart.
Be it diaper changes. Correcting algebra. Teaching phonics. Cooking dinner. Wiping spilled milk. Mowing the lawn. Listening. Cleaning the kitchen. Folding towels. Playing a game. Sweeping the floor. Driving to ballet. Talking with friends. Reading a story. Handling conflict. Raking Leaves. Ordering coffee. Vacuuming. Picking up toys.
There is contentment found in enjoying the moment. It's a peace that so easily slips away. I want to be aware of this time, of the posture of my heart. Am I racing to finish? Or am I recognizing the blessing in the task? The time?
Like now. I'm blessed to hear Hannah reading to Elijah -- his sweet body nestled against big sister as she lovingly reads. I'm loving my coffee. The warmth of the mug that my hand surrounds. There's joy in watching little Samuel take those quick steps between chairs -- and the happiness he shows. I hear my older boys creating an elaborate story upstairs. And there's beauty as the warm October morning sun shines through my window.
I'm grateful.
****
By the way thank you for all of the encouraging emails and comments yesterday. You blessed me.
And, just in case you've had some itching for a picture of Samuel -- worry no more -- here's one of my new faves. And, no, I haven't cut that baby hair -- yet. :)

















12 comments:
Well tears filled my eyes....I do miss those days...that song that says "you're going miss this" is so true. To go back for one day and have them all back at home, hearing them small again, would be so much fun.
Instead I will enjoy today...my cast boy and I are going to go play while older brother is at co-op...I will text the other four and reminded them one more time I love them!
Enjoy!!!! You are blessed
Well..yes, indeed! Have a wonderfully well Friday.
i agree! I've enjoyed reading your last few posts about being thankful and living in the moment. thank you!
Thanks for the reminder. After a week of not feeling well, I don't want to do all the things that need done, but I need to do it and do it with a smile on my face! :)
What a sweet picture of Samuel and a sweet post.
I am glad that I am along on your journey. Thank you for sharing
Blessings
Janet
I tagged you in a post! Come see!
do it well!!! Amen sister!
I've just read through all your posts since the girls night out, last time I commented...oh, sweet mommy, you are blessed and you are so real! You know what gifts these children are, but you also know what hard work they are...to those who are given much, much is expected...you are doing what you can with you have...right here, right now...and you are doing it well! I LOVE TO READ YOUR, OH SO REAL, POSTS!!!!!
Love that motto and think it should be everyone's as well. I'm always blessed by your entries! I'm so glad you can find the time to share your life with us in the midst of all you have going on.
Blessings to you for a wonderful week-end!
you inspire me. : ) you are a faithful servant.; proverbs 31 in action.
Thank you for sharing this. I am trying to be more "in the moment" when I am with my kids, to notice the blessings as they are happening, not miss the stages once they have outgrown them, but I am still learning.
P.S. We also have seven kids (though not as young as yours!) Also three girls and four boys AND we have a Gracey and an Elijah and our "Josiah" almost was named Samuel...it was the runner-up! Funny how our name choices are similar!
Post a Comment