joyful yes (faces) and some news


One Word Wednesday at Aspire
My lovely Hannah has done it again. A beautiful button to go with a beautiful new Wednesday meme. For me, the writing too much person, I love the idea of finding a picture in the stash of digital pictures that captures a word. Her word this week? joyful {faces}.

I think I've seen joy.


What do you think? Does this capture joy? Because I love it.

{my Brennan when he was four}

And, as far as using the word yes, how did your day go yesterday with those yes answers sprinkled in with the no's? I noticed that my entire older crew {basically all those kids of mine who read my blog} was in a different mood -- more playing, more laughing, more agreeing. All from trying to say yes more.

That heart change created many joyful {faces} moments.

I think my family needed the reminder as well.

So, today, I'm going to try my joyful yes challenge again. After all, playing Parcheesi at 8:25 in the morning is just plain fun -- even though I came in dead last. Or making a smoothie the first time they ask versus in the in a minute time was a blast. Or reading the same Harold and the Purple Crayon and belly laughing.  Those moments all came from saying yes.

********
please imagine an announcer with that deep announcer voice stating 
{and now, some finding joy announcements}

Samuel is doing excellent this week.
  No weight gained, but no weight loss. 
 The big difference is the massive increase in energy.  
I will always be grateful for your prayers.  

Friday starts my {friday}favorite things link-up.
What is it?
A list of thankful and favorite moments from the week or life in general.
I'd love for you to join me -- I'll have the linky open early in the morning.

The WOOL DRYER BALL GIVEAWAY still open. 
 If you want a shot at winning my new favorite laundry accessory
click

and 

Find a joyful faces picture and click the button above to link to Hannah's blog. 
Let me know you did and I'll be over to peek at your photo.
 You'll meet some other sweet bloggers and will get to sprinkle your morning with joy. :)

14 comments:

Kelli said...

A joyful yes...still working on that. I need to simply I realize so that I make time for the yes and reduce the no. So glad to hear that Samuel is doing better and no weight loss. I will continue to pray for the little guy. I will also be linking up on Friday.

Anonymous said...

That picture really shows joy! :)

child of God said...

I love that pic!!

Praise God Samuel is feeling better!! This is awesome news!

<><

Kiley said...

that is such a cute entry!! :D

Lucy said...

Yay for a new Friday linky!!!!!

Kris said...

Wonderful

Abigail Kraft said...

What a beautiful picture! I love those spur of the moment shots, where you can just see joy beaming from the pixels. XD Love it!

Also, SO very happy that Samuel is doing better! I'm still praying for you guys...praising God with you for his increase in energy!

Have a beautiful day!
--Abigail

Anonymous said...

I love how happy he looks - great shot! :)

BARBIE said...

Beautiful capture of joy! I am so thankful to hear how well Samuel is doing. And since I didn't get to your blog until late last night, I will implement the "yes"s into my day today! Love you my friend!

Anna Gray said...

Oh that is precious! :)

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

What JOY! Love the picture and so glad to hear that Samuel continues to do well. Yeah...for more energy and stable weight. :)

Much love,
Stacy

Coby said...

I applied your "yes" today to my own mothering. Amazing how it changes things!

When I catch myself saying "in a minute" just a little too often during the day, I wonder how many minutes I've given up with my loved ones - choosing instead to focus my energy on things that I only think are so important.

LOVE the picture of Brennan!

carissa said...

now that is some joy! hunter benefitted from my yes and enjoyed extra coloring time today. oh and i said yes to myself and ate a bowl of ice cream. : ) so thrilled to hear about samuel!

Anonymous said...

Another gluten free idea...heard it on Biggest Loser: larabar...they're gluten free energy bars.
Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 91:1-2 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Related Posts with Thumbnails