the days that are hard on a mother's heart


Today is one of those days. The days that you really dislike waking up to, the days that you know will be hard, the day where you know your momma's heart will hurt.


I've gone through days like this -- last winter was so hard while my sweet Samuel was in and out of the hospital finally getting diagnosed with Celiac Disease. And now, today, Hannah is having surgery on her ankle, and even though this is an elective, and yet very needed, event, today will still be hard.  I know how painful it is to wake up from orthopedic surgery (I'm giving myself the pep talk for mine next Monday). I keep telling her that it will feel awful, and that she will doubt why she did this, but that with hard work she will feel good again, and she will be able to dance ballet again.


It's still hard.

It's those days where the tears sit right there behind the momma's eyes. Where you work so hard to keep them from falling so that you can be strong for them. I know she'll do great. I know it.


So today, if you think about it, would you say a prayer for my Hannah? I have already been praying for the surgeon's hands and that he wakes from a good night of rest. I pray for the staff and the nurses and that she can feel Jesus's presence in that space.


My momma's heart? It will hurt for my baby (she's still my baby), but it will be strong. That's what we do as moms -- we give, and give, and give. And our strength, my strength, cannot be rooted in me, but rather must be rooted in the Father. So that is my prayer. For His strength, and wisdom, and peace.

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

That's my prayer.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh sweet friend - praying for you and your daughter today. May you feel His peace.

Ashley Sisk said...

I'll definitely pray for Hannah - and pray for her doctors.

Amy S said...

Oh RAchel... What a beautiful soul your daughter has.. you can see right inside her soul through those big beautiful eyes of hers... SHE WILL DANCE BALLET again....I will say a prayer for you both today ... Hugs

carissa said...

Praying for your Hannah and for your momma's heart. The Lord will carry you both. xoxo!

BARBIE said...

Praying for your sweet Hannah and for you. Asking the Lord to bring peace and to guide the surgeons hands. {Hugs!}

Hope said...

my thoughts will be with Hannah for sure! I hope everything goes silky smooth! :)

Kris said...

My prayers are with your daughter!! And you...Mama!!!

Kimberly said...

Praying for you and your sweet Hannah today. He is with you!!

Amanda Thomasson said...

praying for you both right now!

Leovi said...

Delicious pictures, I wish you luck and I'm sure everything will be fine. Good and rapid recovery.

Megan said...

Praying for Hannah and praying for peace for your mama's heart.

Thinking of you both today.

child of God said...

Praying for Hannah. My niece had this surgery and she healed up fine. :) She even ran a marathon 2 years later and has run many since.

<><

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Praying for Hannah.

Unknown said...

Praying for Hannah. Hope all goes well!

Unknown said...

Praying =)

Larri said...

You have been on my mind all day! I just now had a chance to come check up on you and found your post. Please know you've been in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS))) to you and sweet Hannah!

Nanny Anna said...

You and your sweet Hannah are in my heart today. It doesn't matter how old your 'children' are, they are still your babies...I know how you feel, you are not alone in your worry.

{{{HUGS}}} to you both!

~Anna

Becky M said...

Sounds like the surgery I had my junior year in college - it meant no dancing for at least 7 weeks, but I have had no issues ever since!

Anonymous said...

Obviously praying for Hannah. But praying so for your Mama heart as well! Have been through a lot of things...every kid's had something major happen, some more than others. So have an idea what you're going through. Glad the surgery's over, glad the recovery has started! Continuing to pray so very hard for you both!
Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Related Posts with Thumbnails