1. When you talk to others look them in the eye - be confident and courageous.
2. Do not rush through today just to get to tomorrow. Celebrate the little gifts.
3. Use media responsibly - control it and don't let it control you.
4. Remember that your words matter. Use them carefully.
5. Give others the benefit of the doubt.
6. Be bold.
7. Celebrate each other's accomplishments.
8. Remember that comparison erodes contentment. Learn from others.
9. Develop a goal and stick to it.
10. Share your dreams with others. Collaborate.
11. Learn to see what can work and not what cannot.
12. Learn to listen with discerning ears. Establish boundaries.
13. Hold the door open for others - see those around you.
14. Be strong in your convictions. Do not be passive.
15. Remember to laugh.
16. If you're behind - catch up.
17. Take responsibility for your actions.
18. Speak with confidence. If you speak something - claim your words.
19. Keep a record of the good in your life.
20. Be neat.
21. Be passionate about life.
22. Stand up for what is right. Have convictions.
23. Give back to others.
24. Carve moments in your day for rest.
25. Wake up early - value your time.
26. Take pride in your actions.
27. Wear a smile on your face - be cheerful.
28. Be loyal and one others can depend on.
29. Find a creative outlet and develop your dreams.
30. Value family.
31. Take a walk when you need to think - cultivate breathing space.
32. Don't get stuck in the same pattern - do something new - try a new path.
33. Be a steward of your possessions.
34. Don't hold on to things too tightly.
35. Remember that less is truly more.
36. Develop a posture of thanks - write thank you notes, call, and speak it.
37. Tell those you love that you love them.
38. Pick your battles, try not to complain, and be one who motivates
39. Live a glass half full life - be positive - find joy.
These are just 39 of the many character strategies that I want my kids to develop. To me, one of the many goals in raising children is to develop leaders, who are not passive, but rather will speak boldly, be strong in who they are, and have convictions and also a heart for others.
What are some character strategies that you teach?