these are a few of my (friday) favorite things


friday mornings

48 degree days in the middle of February
love this pic by hannah?  she's got more

warm cup of coffee in hand

little ones reading on the old plaid couch 

Udi's Gluten free bread

daughters in ballet
hannah (left) & chloe (right)

recycling and garbage day

seed catalogs arriving in the mail in the middle of winter

Lowe's $5 "oops" paints

diced potatoes with dill for dinner
(reminds me of summer)

GI Doctors who call "just to check" up on Samuel 

Trader Joes

Pathway Readers and Workbooks

markers with caps on
(can you believe it?  the caps are ALMOST all on.)

laundry that is completed

good friends

first grilled chicken of the spring

a family that loves each other

one month since Samuel's first hospitalization
sweet Samuel one month ago -- love those cell phone pics

facebook

old couches for memories

dish soap

unique pronunciations by a three year old named Elijah
remember that he calls pbj sandwiches pGjs :)

those days of lower gas prices

fuzzy slippers

taking down Christmas lights on a warm winter day

birthday memories

big windows for staring outside
love my window by my old couch

blogging about normal

picked up legos 

new hope

an amazing church and church family

thinking about vacations when it's cold outside
annual trip to woodland last year (when it was warm)

a good broom

time to play games

the website celiac.com

sippy cups that don't leak at all

and

laughter

yes, absolutely, laughter
laugh, Chloe, laugh

15 comments:

child of God said...

Nice to see a bit of normal back in your posts! Praying and praying for you all and Samuel!

<><

Kelli said...

Great list...so lifting!

Kelley said...

I didn't know markers could have caps ;) Maybe some day... Love the list.

Cinnamon said...

Love your normal every day living. Such life and beauty captured there.

Samuel's pic is soooo cute!!

hugs to you~ Cinnamon

Theresa said...

Great list Rachel. I love Trader Joes too :)

ali @ an ordinary mom said...

Markers with caps, that sounds vaguely familiar... I seem to remember markers that came with caps, though no one seems to know what happened to the caps...

Such a lovely list, I almost cried a bit at the summer lake picture! Minnesota winters are just. so. long.

So glad to see your little guys is doing so much better! Isn't it wonderful when a doctor calls you to check up on your child?! I've had two different docs do that in times past, and I respected them sooo much for it! They really, really, cared, for them it wasn't just a day job...

Our 6 yr old has been in the hospital since Sunday night, and, oh, do I know how long it gets, and how earing the back and forth, and being torn between two places is... Iw as hoping she would be discharged today, but she's just not ready to be off of the oxygen yet, hopefully and prayerfully tomorrow!

Enjoy this February sunshine!

carissa said...

so much to be thankful for... your heart just overflows with gladness... i'm thrilled you guys are having some sweet relief and slowly heading back to the norm.

Sarah said...

Love them all! And glad you're able to start enjoying these everyday pleasures again.

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I am checking out the Pathway Readers and the website is confusing to me. Is the Beginning to Read series a complete Kindergarten curriculum and the Early Readers the complete first grade curriculum? Otherwaise, what does it cover? It just seems like an awful lot of workbooks/books. Do you order them all? Am I making this harder than it needs to be?
Thanks, Rachel for your insight!
Nicki
nickiordave@live.com

BARBIE said...

God has showered you with so many blessings! Wonderful list if His goodness!

Seth Skogerboe said...

We should fight the terrorists with "Lego"s. :D

Cindy said...

Sweet Samuel made me smile.

Anonymous said...

Love your list...especially the broom!
Know that I'm always here praying!
Psalms 116:6-7 The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me. Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

His eyes just dance all over the screen...that sweet Samuel of yours. So much to be thankful for!

Abby Y> said...

48*? Wow! We're thankful for 80* weather in February! I'm very glad we live in Texas! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails